BERLIN

17.7.12

CLAES IVERSEN AT AFW

Amsterdam Fashion Week SS13 is a wrap. We had a ball, damn we had! Famous Dutchies, national and international press, fashion PR-ladies and gents, it-girls and boys, panache stylists, elan photographers and fashion bloggers: tout la Dutch fashion was there to see what Fashion Holland has to offer us for 2013's spring and summer and to network, drink, laugh and celebrate fashion. What an excitement there was! And then there was the question what to wear each day. Lovin' it.


Instead of doing an 'AFW diary' I decided to do some talk about my favourites at Amsterdam Fashion Week. By doing it afterwards I have a good overview of the shows and collections that really caught my eye at this issue of AFW. As this is THE fashion event in The Netherlands I just so want to write about this as it is the first time visiting AFW while having my blog. The thing is that I will mainly talk about woman's fashion as it has been showed more at AFW. You don't mind me talking about woman's swag don't you? If you do mind you are out of luck, cause I'll write about it anyway. Ha! Sorry. Beneath is a outfit-crop of my 'AFW Opening Night' wearings by the way. Work it!


The fashion extravaganza started out on Wednesday the 11th of July. Our beloved Danish designer, who is kind of a Dutchie as he lives in Amsterdam, had the honor to open AFW once again. I'm talking about the modest and talented Claes Iversen. Gosh, he killed it once again. Instead of (also lovable) really big, semi-theatrical, creations that Claes showed us in the past, he decided to bring us something more wearable and younger. Something I absolutely love as Claes always plays with the balance between ready-to-wear and haute couture. He did this great once again and by adding a bit more youth than before he certainly nailed it!




The show started out with boxy shoulders and a colour pallet of white, grey and black, where the collection gradually flowed into lovely floral dessins, modern flower power, amazing handwork in summery colours and dresses, skirts and tops that breath panache.




I could taste some Balenciaga, but less rock-chick and more feminine. The silhouette of Iversen's SS13 collection was ultra feminine with a luxurious use of materials and amazing eye for detail. Claes did what he does best: bring that famous craftsmanship embroidery on bro! Stunning flowers and high-class spangles adorned his pieces.

  



  


 


My absolute favourite out of Claes' show was a gorgeous black semi-transparent dress with cut out back embroidered with small red shimmery flowers on top and black spangles downwards. Can you bring it to the top? Like it never, never stops. And can you bring it down low? All the way to the flo. Iversen did it with this amazing dress. Gosh!



Claes Iversen's SS13 collection unequivocally brought us some flowery perfection and non-Dutch glamour. Let's say 'bananas' to that!

Photos by Melody Lieftink | BackstageFashionReports.com

Tweet with me on Twitter, firt with me of Facebook & love with me on Bloglovin'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten